Hey Business Students!
It’s tax season again! As a result, BASA will once again be running the BASA tax service to prepare tax returns for UFV Students and the public.
ABOUT THE BASA TAX SERVICE:
Every year the Business Administration Student Association (BASA), sponsored by MNP LLP, seeks to provide students with an affordable tax preparation option and, in addition, provide accounting students with an opportunity to have real hands-on experience filing actual tax returns.
3 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER:
(1) You are planning to work in an accounting role, and although classroom accounting can be interesting, you are ready to do a hands-on tax return. You will be trained to use Tax software (Profile) that is used by accounting firms by MNP LLP.
(2) You can put it on your resume (especially handy with recruit season starting up after the winter semester). BASA will issue a certificate including your number of hours worked once the tax service is over.
(3) You enjoy giving back to UFV and want to help other students’ understand and file their taxes with ease by using your accounting knowledge.
BONUS: you can file your own taxes for free!
We do not have a cap on the number of volunteers needed and there are positions for any accounting student no matter what year you are in. Please read the attached document for more information about the roles you can volunteer in!
– Deadline to sign up to volunteer: March 5th at Midnight (Use the link below).
– Mandatory training session, Saturday March 8th at 9:00 am. (Please note: this session is MANDATORY, exceptions may apply if you have participated in the tax service before). A room will be confirmed soon, and you will be notified.
– March 17th – April 4th will be the dates of the actual tax service. We will work out the detailed schedule once everyone has signed up with their availability.
If you are interested in volunteering, please click the following link and complete the form:
(For a list of positions and their descriptions please click here. )
After you fill out this form, you can expect to receive an email confirming your position as well as a link to fill out your availability in order to schedule the shifts.
If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
We encourage you to share this information with other students you think would be interested.
The BASA and ASFV Tax Team